The Stainless Steel Lange 1: Not For Sale, Until Now
It's the rarest Lange 1. Experts estimate that less than 30 were made. Now Phillips is offering a "New Old Stock" Lange 1 in stainless steel that has never, ever been worn. It hasn't even been fitted with a strap, yet.
Specialists Pick: Five Watches From The Hong Kong Watch Auction NINE
We asked the team who put together The Hong Kong Watch Auction: NINE catalog to reveal some of their favorite watches from the sale. Their picks focused on watches that offer more than initially meets the eye.
The Singularity of the Asian Market and Hong Kong Watch Auctions
Among the various locations worldwide where auctions take place, most would agree that there are three very important places when it comes to contemporary and vintage timepieces: Geneva, New York and Hong Kong.
Provenance and Why it Matters
In the upcoming Hong Kong Watch Auction: NINE, the first evening titled ‘FIRST’ will see a remarkable assortment of over 50 lots being offered directly from their original owners. Before the sale, let’s take a look at the importance of provenance when purchasing timepieces.
Phillips Perpetual9 watches for sale
Model: Chronometre Bleu
Chronometre Bleu full set
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: NINE
26 November 2019 • Hong Kong
10 December 2019 • New York
31 December 2019 • London
The Geneva Watch Auction X
10 November 2019 • Geneva
Double Signed: A Celebration of the Finest Partnerships Between Manufacturers and Retailers
9 November 2019 • Geneva
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: EIGHT
28 May 2019 • Hong Kong
Phillips & Blackbird: SPORTS
27 May 2019 • Hong Kong
The Geneva Watch Auction: NINE
12 May 2019 • Geneva
News and Results
Press Release: 21 October 2019
Press Release: 15 October 2019
Press Release: 14 October 2019
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction....
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.