STYLED: Timeless Watches and How to Wear Them
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is proud to announce a groundbreaking thematic auction, in partnership with Mr Porter and The Rake, taking place on 5 December, in New York.
Mr. Porter's Toby Bateman Shares His Personal Watch Collection
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo will partner with Mr. Porter and The Rake for "Styled: Timeless Watches And How To Wear Them", an exciting auction combining style and watches. Ahead of the sale, scheduled on December 5 in New York, Arthur Touchot caught up with Toby Bateman to talk about his love of vintage watches and how 25 years in the menswear industry has informed his personal taste.
Specialist Picks: Five Watches From The Geneva Watch Auction: EIGHT
We challenged our specialists to select their favorite watches from the upcoming Geneva Watch Auction: EIGHT (Nov 10-11). Here are their picks.
The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore, The Man Who Made It, And The Watch That Honours It
25 years after the birth of the Royal Oak Offshore, its designer, Emmanuel Gueit, is putting his own up for sale next month. Arthur Touchot sat down with Gueit ahead of the sale to talk about the design of the Offshore, its legacy, and the 25th Anniversary re-edition, launched earlier this year by Audemars Piguet.
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
The Geneva Watch Auction: EIGHT
10 November 2018 • Geneva
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: SEVEN
26 November 2018 • Hong Kong
News and Results
Press Release: 16 October 2018Read more
Press Release: 3 October 2018
Highlights Tour will take Watches to Asia, North America and EuropeRead more
Press Release: 10 June 2018
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo announces the appointment of James Marks as International Specialist.Read more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction.
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.