Two Extremely Peculiar And Historically Important Rolex Wristwatches Lead The Hong Kong Watch Auction: SIX
Specialists' Picks From The Upcoming Hong Kong Watch Auction: SIX
Held on 29 May at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Watch Auction: SIX will give collectors the opportunity to acquire some of the most important watches ever made. Here we take a look at six of our favorite watches, through the lens of our specialists.
Sensuality, Vitality and Protection: The Bulgari Serpenti
Isabella Proia takes a closer look at the Bulgari Serpenti coming up in the Hong Kong Watch Auction: SIX.
Auction Results: Geneva Watch Auction SEVEN
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
Richard MilleRef. RM 003 AC CA
Model: Tourbillon Carbon Limited Edition
A very fine and extremely rare carbon dual-time tourbillon wristwatch with carbon nanofiber movement plate, torque indication, power reserve indication, crown function selector, Warranty and box. Number 2 of a 5 pieces limited edition
Estimate HK$1,200,000 - 2,000,000
News and Results
Press Release: 13 May 2018Read more
Press Release: 11 May 2018
“The Unicorn”, the only White Gold Vintage Rolex Daytona known, achieves CHF 5.9 million, the second highest price ever for a Rolex sold at auction and the highest ever charitable donation resulting from the sale of a vintage watch.Read more
Press Release: 1 May 2018
Phillips Presents Hong Kong Watch Auction SIX which highlights an extremely rare Patek Philippe Reference 2438/1 18K Pink Gold Wristwatch, circa 1959Read more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction.
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.