Geneva's Head Of Sale, Alex Ghotbi, Discusses Two Important Watches From The Geneva Watch Auction: EIGHT
What do a Patek Philippe single-button chronograph from 1924, and a time-only Kari Voutilainen from 2013 have in common? Find out from Geneva's Head of Sale, Alex Ghotbi.
Five Travel Watches From The Geneva Watch Auction: EIGHT
Several travel watches will be available at auction this weekend, during The Geneva Watch Auction: EIGHT. Virginie Liatard-Roessli explains where these watches come from, and presents some of her favorites of the genre.
The IWC Portugieser: The Anonymous Watch That Became World Famous
Today, we look at some of the historic pieces from the first, second and third versions of the legendary Reference 325 to understand why the original Portugieser became an icon of the 20th century.
Breitling Navitimer: The Early Years
At first glance, the dial of the Breitling Navitimer can be a bit of a mystery. New York watch specialist Isabella Proia explains the model and its evolution through some of the watchmaker’s key models.
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: SEVEN
26 November 2018 • Hong Kong
STYLED. Timeless Watches & How to Wear Them
4 December 2018 • New York
News and Results
Press Release: 11 November 2018
Following the inaugural, record-breaking sale in October 2017, PHILLIPS in Association with Bacs & Russo is pleased to announce the release of its catalog and selected highlights from its second New York Watch auction, STYLED. Timeless Watches & How to Wear Them.Read more
Press Release: 22 October 2018
Introducing A Curated Selection of Rare and Exceptional Timepieces Encompassing Contemporary and Vintage Wristwatches, Fine Pocket Watches and Enamel Clocks Auction to take place at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong on 27 November 2018Read more
Press Release: 16 October 2018Read more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction.
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.