Phillips Watches to Host Private Sale Exhibition in London this Summer
A selection of very rare and desirable watches from Rolex, Patek Philippe and A. Lange & Söhne, to name just a few, will be showcased for private sale at Phillips' London headquarters between 20-24 August.
An Evening With Singer, Their New DLS, And Their Latest Watches
Here at Phillips, we love to see watches that are out of the ordinary, and we’re not just talking about incredibly rare vintage watches. We’re also interested in what’s being made today, especially when watchmakers present new and innovative designs.
Back in the Hands of Its Creator: The Great Britain and Roger W. Smith Reunited
Roger W. Smith talks about the watch he made for his country and how it has impacted his own career back on the Isle of Man.
Five Lessons From The Hong Kong Watch Auction: SIX
Held at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, the final auction before the Summer break confirmed the health of the watch collecting market but also offered some interesting insights into the current state of the vintage market.
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
News and Results
Press Release: 10 June 2018
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo announces the appointment of James Marks as International Specialist.Read more
Press Release: 28 May 2018
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: SIX achieves HK$124.6, a 17% increase from the previous year, concluding the Spring season of Global Watch Auctions with its highest ever total of over US$61 MillionRead more
Press Release: 13 May 2018Read more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction.
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.