René Beyer Offers His Thoughts On The Beyer-Signed Watches Consigned To "Double Signed" (Video)
We visit Beyer Chronometrie in Zurich, where fine timepieces have been sold since 1760 by the same family for generations, and speak to René Beyer about some of their greatest hits.
Double Signed: The Ultimate Clin d’oeil
A few words can make a world of difference. Held on 9 November at the Hotel La Reserve, Double Signed will feature more than 60 timepieces of exceptional quality sold by the most prestigious retailers around the world. We take a look at where they went, before coming back "home" to Switzerland for the sale.
No Regrets On No Reserve Lots
No Reserve lots: What they are, how to spot them, and why you should definitely be paying attention to them, according to Senior Consultant Aurel Bacs.
Specialists Pick: Five Watches From The Geneva Watch Auction X
Held over two days on November 9-10 at the Hôtel La Reserve, the Geneva Watch Auction X will feature more than 200 timepieces, with different styles, makers, and eras figuring in the catalog. Ahead of the sale, we asked the specialists who spent several months with these timepieces to choose some of their favorites.
Phillips Perpetual7 watches for sale
Model: Chronometre Bleu
Chronometre Bleu full set
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
31 December 2019 • London
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: NINE
26 November 2019 • Hong Kong
The Geneva Watch Auction X
10 November 2019 • Geneva
News and Results
Press Release: 15 October 2019
A Selling Exhibition of Over 200 Unworn Vintage Swatch WatchesRead more
Press Release: 14 October 2019Read more
Press Release: 26 September 2019
Including “The Fantastic Four” The Most Important Complicated Rolex Watches A Selection of Exquisite And Historically Important Vintage Patek Philippe Wristwatches And Rare And Highly Coveted Wristwatches From Today’s Most Sought-After Independent WatchmakersRead more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction....
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.