Catherine Deneuve, Her Patek Philippe And Other Watches Worn By Famous Women
What do Marie Antoinette, Ellen DeGeneres and Catherine Deneuve have in common? Answer: A taste for beautiful watches. Our Geneva Specialist Tiffany To presents some of the iconic timepieces they have owned.
Paying Tribute To Independent Watchmaking
For the third season in a row, we are proud to present a selection of carefully curated timepieces from some of the most creative and talented independent watchmakers who have or are shaping watchmaking in a very personal manner.
The Joy Of Collecting Watches
Arthur Touchot explains why a new generation of collectors are getting hooked on watches.
What You Should Know Before Starting Your Own Watch Collection
Everything you need to know about collectible watches, before you become a collector.
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
The Geneva Watch Auction: NINE
12 May 2019 • Geneva
Phillips & Blackbird: SPORTS
27 May 2019 • Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: EIGHT
28 May 2019 • Hong Kong
News and Results
Press Release: 24 April 2019
The First Ever Watch Auction Curated by an Asian Collector Featuring a Selection of Exceptional Timepieces Encompassing Vintage and Modern Sports WatchesRead more
Press Release: 23 April 2019
“THE GENEVA WATCH AUCTION: NINE” A double-evening auction to be held on May 11 & 12, 2019 in GenevaRead more
Press Release: 8 April 2019Read more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction.
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.