Portrait of a Young Watch Collector: Lester NG, Founder of Noble & Graff
Lester NG talks to Arthur Touchot about mixing passions and creating a contemporary brand of luxury watch trunks, using age-old techniques and the purest materials.
Specialists Pick: Five Watches From The Hong Kong Watch Auction EIGHT
We asked the team who put together The Hong Kong Watch Auction: EIGHT to reveal some of their favourite watches from the sale. Here are the ones they chose.
Phillips Perpetual Presents: The Rolex Explorer Ref. 6150 Worn By Tony Streather During His Ascent Of Kangchenjunga
Phillips Perpetual is proud to offer the Rolex Explorer Reference 6150 gifted by Rolex to British mountaineer Tony Streather before the 1955 expedition to Kangchenjunga. James Marks explains what makes this historically important Rolex, survivor of multiple ascents, one of the great discoveries of the year for Phillips.
Ten Watches With Estimates Under $15,000
Tiffany To highlights ten watches from The Geneva Watch Auction: NINE with estimates starting at $15,000 or under.
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: EIGHT
28 May 2019 • Hong Kong
Phillips & Blackbird: SPORTS
27 May 2019 • Hong Kong
News and Results
Press Release: 15 May 2019
The Highest Sale Result of the Geneva May Watch Auctions, with The George Daniels Grand Complication Achieving CHF 2’420’000 - the Highest Result of the Geneva Spring Auction SeasonRead more
Press Release: 2 May 2019
A New Platform that Combines Private Selling Exhibitions, Innovative Partnerships, and a Boutique ExperienceRead more
Press Release: 26 April 2019
Led by The Fresh-to-the-Market Patek Philippe Reference 5002G Sky Moon TourbillonRead more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction.
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.