Al Pacino and Martin Sheen on Marlon Brando
Two legends of the silver screen reflect on their fondest memories of their friend and fellow actor.
Highlight: Two Of The First Watches Called "Daytona"
Our New York-based specialist Isabella Proia looks at two of the earliest chronographs to bear the Daytona name on their dials, made during the first few years following the model's introduction in 1963.
Two in One: The Urwerk AMC Wristwatch and Clock
With their AMC, Urwerk has created a revolutionary timepiece system that is a milestone in 21st-century horology. New York specialist Isabella Proia explains.
TAG Heuer Monaco Piece d’Art 50th Anniversary
TAG Heuer's Monaco has been around for fifty years, but the watchmaker has never presented one like this before. A new old stock Monaco from 1969, coming directly from its in-house heritage department, this pièce unique is fitted with an original caliber 11 that has been completely engraved by hand.
Phillips Perpetual8 watches for sale
Model: Chronometre Bleu
Chronometre Bleu full set
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
Upcoming AuctionsView Auction Calendar
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: NINE
26 November 2019 • Hong Kong
The Geneva Watch Auction X
10 November 2019 • Geneva
Double Signed: A Celebration of the Finest Partnerships Between Manufacturers and Retailers
9 November 2019 • Geneva
The Hong Kong Watch Auction: EIGHT
28 May 2019 • Hong Kong
Phillips & Blackbird: SPORTS
27 May 2019 • Hong Kong
News and Results
Press Release: 26 November 2019
Marking a 33% increase from the previous year and bringing the annual total for watch s ales in Asia in 2019 to a record high of HK$330 million
Press Release: 5 November 2019
B.A.T. 5, B.A.T. 7 and B.A.T. 9 are Considered to be One of the World’s most Mythical, Desirable and Valuable Series of Collector Cars
Press Release: 21 October 2019
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction....
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.