PHILLIPS PERPETUAL: A New Platform for Buying and Selling Watches
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo presents PHILLIPS PERPETUAL, with a selection of watches available for private sale on September 4, in London.
Phillips to Offer Marlon Brando’s Long Lost Rolex GMT-Master, Worn in 'Apocalypse Now'
The legendary watch featured in 'Apocalypse Now' and hand-engraved by the actor himself will be offered in our flagship New York auction, GAME CHANGERS, taking place on 10 December 2019.
Key Dates: Watches Valuation Tour
Aurel Bacs: I Bought a Modern Quartz Watch, and I Loved It
Is this the most unexpected match in the world of watches? Aurel Bacs explains why he fell for the F.P. Journe Elégante 48MM Titalyt®, a watch unlike any that he’s previously owned – or sold, for that matter.
Phillips Perpetual3 watches for sale
Model: Chronometre Bleu
Chronometre Bleu full set
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
News and Results
Press Release: 3 September 2019
With Over £3 Million Worth of Exceptional Timepieces Including a Roger Smith Edition 2 Number 1, A Cartier Crash Radieuse, and an F. P. Journe Tourbillon 38mm Stainless Steel, One of Only 38 in the WorldRead more
Press Release: 12 July 2019Read more
Press Release: 18 June 2019
A Thematic Auction Dedicated to Collectible Timepieces Bearing the Most Famous Names in Watch RetailRead more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction....
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.