Specialist Picks: Five Watches Launched During SIHH 2019
Several watch manufacturers released their latest collections during the Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie, the year's first watch fair. Our Geneva-based specialists were there to check out the new releases and pick out five that stood out.
The Year in Watches: A Cut Above
The Watches team at Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo reflects on how they managed to maintain momentum throughout 2018 after smashing auction records, again and again, the previous year.
Auction Results: STYLED. Timeless Watches & How to Wear Them
We are pleased to announce that the company’s second New York watch auction has achieved $11,523,500 / CHF11,500,453 / €10,155,661, selling 96% by lot and 96% by value.
Americas' Head of Watches, Paul Boutros, Discusses Two Exceptional Vintage Daytonas from STYLED. Timeless Watches & How to Wear Them
What made him choose a ref. 6239 “Paul Newman” Daytona and a rare ref. 6264 “Daytona? Find out more from Paul Boutros.
Sell with us.
Consign to an upcoming Watches sale.Submit Now
News and Results
Press Release: 14 February 2019
Auction to take place at JW Marriott Hong Kong on 27 May 2019Read more
Press Release: 5 December 2018
Bringing Phillips’ Global Annual Total to Nearly $110 Million Timepieces by Patek Philippe, Rolex, and Omega Highlight the Sale, Which Was Hosted by PHILLIPS in Partnership with MR PORTER and THE RAKE The Fresh-to-the-Market Rolex “Big Crown” aka “James Bond” Submariner Leads the Auction, Realizing $567,000Read more
Press Release: 27 November 2018
During The Hong Kong Watch Auction: SEVEN Concluding the Annual Total of Watch Auctions in Asia with a Total of HK$235 Million / US$30 MillionRead more
The Watches Department
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. The team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service, and, as a result, in just two years since launching achieved market leadership with sales of over $106 million in 2016.
With multiple world records, including for a wristwatch, Patek Philippe wristwatch, Rolex and Omega at auction, Phillips has become the undisputed worldwide market leader. Below are a selection of recent record-breaking prices.
1. Rolex reference 6239, Paul Newman's "Paul Newman" Rolex Daytona – WINNING ICONS – 26 October 2017 (US $17,752,500). Highest result ever achieved for a wristwatch at auction.
2. Patek Philippe reference 1518 in stainless steel – Geneva Watch Auction FOUR – 12 November 2016 (11,002,000 CHF / US $11,000,000). Highest result ever achieved for a Patek Phillipe wristwatch at auction.
3. Rolex "Bao Dai" reference 6062 (5,066,000 CHF / US $5,060,427) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
4. Rolex "The Legend" reference 6263 (3,722,000 CHF / US $3,857,000) – The Geneva Watch Auction: FIVE – 14 May 2017.
5. Patek Philippe reference 2499 (19,720,000 HKD / US $2,538,000) – Hong Kong Watch Auction: TWO – 31 May 2016. Highest result ever achieved for any wristwatch sold at auction in Asia.
6. Omega "Tourbillon 30 I" prototype (1,428,500 CHF) – The Geneva Watch Auction: SIX – 12 November 2017. Highest result ever achieved for an Omega at auction.
Join the Watches Email List.
Sign up to receive emails about upcoming auctions, exhibitions and special events at Phillips.