FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT
Horological Society of New York Carolina Navarro
America’s first watchmaking guild Deputy Director
www.hs-ny.org [email protected]
THE HOROLOGICAL SOCIETY OF NEW YORK ANNOUNCES TIMEPIECES FOR HSNY: 2022 CHARITY AUCTION PRESENTED BY PHILLIPS IN ASSOCIATION WITH BACS & RUSSO
Online July 6—13
NEW YORK – June 22, 2022 — The Horological Society of New York (HSNY) announces today Timepieces for HSNY: 2022 Charity Auction, presented online by Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo from July 6-13, 2022.
Now in its second year as an online auction, HSNY members and friends will have the opportunity to bid from anywhere in the world for a great cause. All sale proceeds will benefit HSNY in its ongoing mission to advance the art and science of horology, which includes offering financial aid to watchmaking institutions and scholarships to full-time watchmaking students.
Bidders can expect top picks from Swiss, German, Japanese and American brands, including limited edition, sold-out timepieces, a coveted Tiffany stamped watch, vintage gems, a prototype model and much more. Best of all, a ‘No Reserve’ policy will apply to all timepieces, encouraging auction-goers to bid enthusiastically.
Lot items from Timepieces for HSNY: 2022 Charity Auction include:
- Lot 1 — Unimatic x Massena LAB, U1-MLBN “Family and Friends”, DLC-plated stainless steel, circa 2020. Brand New. Donated by Massena LAB.
- Lot 2 — NOMOS Glashütte, Ludwig Neomatik 39, stainless steel, circa 2020. Brand New. Donated by NOMOS Glashütte.
- Lot 3 — Equation of Time x Atom Moore ‘Fat Arrow’ Prototype, stainless steel, circa 2022. Brand New, with limited edition metal print. Atom Moore and Roland Murphy/EOT Watches.
- Lot 4 — GRAND SEIKO, Reference SBGW277 U.S. Exclusive, stainless steel, circa 2021. Brand New. Donated by Grand Seiko.
- Lot 5 — ULYSSE NARDIN, Open-face chronograph pocket watch with certificate and presentation box, gunmetal blue steel, circa 1912. Donated by Ulysse Nardin.
- Lot 6 — JAEGER-LECOULTRE, Reverso, stainless steel, circa 2022. Brand New. Donated by Jaeger-LeCoultre.
- Lot 7 — PATEK PHILIPPE, Reference 715, open-face pocket watch retailed by Tiffany & Co., 18K yellow gold, circa 1967. Donated by Collectability.
- Lot 8 — TAG HEUER, HODINKEE TAG Heuer Carrera ‘Dato’ Limited Edition, stainless steel, circa 2020. Brand New. Donated by HODINKEE.
- Lot 9 — ZENITH, Collective x Zenith Chronomaster El Primero C.01, stainless steel, circa 2019. Brand New. Donated by Collective Horology.
“The watches donated for HSNY's 2022 auction are amusing, exciting, historical and most of all - meaningful,” said HSNY Executive Director Nicholas Manousos. “The proceeds from the generosity of the donors and bidders will go a long way towards ensuring the success of watchmaking students, and I encourage everyone to bid with that in mind.”
Paul Boutros, Phillips’ Head of Watches, Americas, adds, “We are honored and delighted to once again support HSNY’s efforts that continue to advance watchmaking science and culture in the United States. One hundred percent of the proceeds from the sale of each watch, including Phillips’ buyers’ premium, will benefit HSNY’s educational programs, scholarships, and watchmaking school awards.”
In April 2022, HSNY held its annual Gala — a tradition that dates back to the Society’s start in 1866 — where Phillips’ Watches Head of Sale & International Specialist, Vice President, Isabella Proia auctioned off the Society’s first ever lifetime membership card. The special card was engine turned (guilloché) and hand-engraved and brought in $18,000 for HSNY and its educational mission. Furthermore, HSNY awarded $100,000 in financial aid, the largest sum to date. Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo will be hosting viewings of Timepieces for HSNY: 2022 Charity Auction by appointment only from July 6-13. To schedule an appointment please contact [email protected]. Happy bidding!
Download the Phillips app to browse, track, save and bid on Timepieces for HSNY: 2022 Charity Auction. Images courtesy of Phillips.
MEDIA AND PRIVATE PREVIEWS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
# # #
Phillips in Association with Bacs & Russo is the watch department at Phillips auction house, dedicated exclusively to the world's finest collectors' watches. Launched in November 2014 by Aurel Bacs and his partner, Livia Russo, the department was established in response to the ever-increasing need for today's collectors to easily access scholarship, guidance and quality across the board. Based in New York, Geneva, London, Hong Kong and Japan, the team of specialists at Phillips Watches is dedicated to an uncompromised approach to quality, transparency and client service. With multiple world records, including for a Rolex wristwatch, vintage Patek Philippe wristwatch, and Omega wristwatch sold at auction, Phillips achieved
$209.3 million in 2021, the most successful year for any auction house in watch auction history. In 2019, the auction house opened Phillips PERPETUAL, a private sale program with physical and digital storefronts that offers a highly curated selection of watches sold at fixed prices.
Official website: www.phillips.com/watches
Founded in 1866, the Horological Society of New York (HSNY) is one of the oldest continuously operating horological associations in the world. Today, HSNY is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the art and science of horology through education. Members are a diverse mix of watchmakers, clockmakers, executives, journalists, auctioneers, historians, salespeople and collectors, reflecting the rich nature of horology in New York City and around the world.
Official website: https://hs-ny.org