Chopard - Magnificent Jewels Geneva Monday, May 12, 2008 | Phillips
    • The spectacle-set diamond and white gold chain joined at the front with a circular shaped glazed compartment containing a free-moving circular-cut diamond collet within a pavé-set diamond surround, suspending a similarly set white gold chain fringe terminating in a white cultured pearl, mounted in 18K white gold.

  • Artist Biography

    Chopard

    Swiss • 1860

    At the age of 24, Louis-Ulysse Chopard started his company L.U.C. Chopard in Sonviller, Switzerland. Since the brand's inception in 1860, Chopard understood the need for thin and accurate pocket watches to be functional for daily wear. The brand gained world recognition in 1912 after Tsar Nicolas II became a client.

    Following Louis-Ulysse's death in 1915, his sons Paul-Louis and Paul André took over the business and moved their headquarters to La Chaux-de-Fonds. In 1963, the company was taken over by Karl Scheufele, who remains the brand's owner. Arguably Chopard's most recognizable design, the "Happy" line, was inspired by Scheufele's daughter Caroline. In 1996, his son Karl-Friedrich established Chopard as a manufacturer of its own range of in-house movements under the name L.U.C., creating groundbreaking, exquisitely finished watches that have earned the brand worldwide acclaim.

    View More Works

44

A Diamond and Pearl Pendant

The spectacle-set diamond and white gold chain joined at the front with a circular shaped glazed compartment containing a free-moving circular-cut diamond collet within a pavé-set diamond surround, suspending a similarly set white gold chain fringe terminating in a white cultured pearl, mounted in 18K white gold.

Estimate
CHF7,000 - 9,000 

Sold for CHF8,750

Magnificent Jewels

13 May 2008, 2 & 7pm
Geneva