Posted 16 June 2022
BUILDING MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Responsible for effectively and efficiently operating and maintaining building functions, including monitoring and maintaining building systems and facilities equipment, upholding integrity of building common areas, overseeing performance of building maintenance tasks, supervising cleaning staff, repairs, and scheduling and providing direction to service vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee general maintenance and operation of all building equipment, including HVAC systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, lighting systems, building automation systems, elevator and escalators, etc.
o Monitor and inspect mechanical systems and immediately address functional and safety issues.
o Schedule routine preventative maintenance and maintain record keeping.
o Responsibility for alarms and emergency maintenance repairs.
o Troubleshoot and perform actions necessary for operation.
o Supervise contractors and vendors for repairs/maintenance needed.
· Manage building systems such as intruder alarm, building access control, leak detection, HVAC controls, lighting controls, CCTV, fire alarm, fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, maintain inventory of door keys.
· Oversee inventory and upkeep of equipment and supplies such as gallery lighting inventory, AV equipment, flood remediation equipment, mechanical lifts, first aid, kitchen, coffee bar and breakroom supplies.
· Responsible for gallery cleaning and janitorial services.
o Schedule, provide direction, monitor daily tasks of fulltime and contract Porters, approve timesheets.
o Restock cleaning and porter supplies, maintain porter storage closets.
o Schedule window, metal and stone cleaning.
o Oversee daily trash removal.
· Phillips dockmaster responsibilities include the scheduling of building deliveries and freight elevator usage, manual operation of the building truck freight, and maintaining a clear and organized loading dock space.
· Oversee integrity of the building common areas and mechanical spaces including loading dock, electrical Rooms, HVAC equipment rooms, MDF room, AV storage room, AV command center, Porter storage, loading dock, fire exits and stairwells, breakroom and kitchen.
· Schedule and oversee contractors performing property repairs and coordinate building access, sprinkler and fire alarm shutdowns with building – on these occasions requires 7am morning start times.
· Responsible for pest control and extermination.
· Emergency response duties – position is considered “on call” for any site emergencies 24/7.
· Administrative responsibilities include partnering on budgeting with Gallery Manager regarding maintenance expenses, processing maintenance invoices, maintaining maintenance logs, keeping inspection documents.
· Implement workplace safety policies and standards.
· Assist with exhibition, event and auction setups.
· Perform tasks as directed by manager.
Professional Skills and Experience
· Minimum of three years of experience with facility maintenance and safety requirements.
· Working knowledge of and experience with mechanical equipment and building management systems.
· Proficient using a computer including MS Word and email.
· Ability to document and maintain logs.
· Experience working in an auction house, museum or retail environment preferred.
Education and Training
· College Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Understands basic building system design and operation, i.e., fire system, HVAC system, plumbing and electrical distribution system.
· Able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics.
· Certificate of Fitness for NYC Fire Guard will be required.
· Proactive with excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks.
· Dependable, consistent and punctual attendance, required.
· Flexibility to meet the demands of the business.
· Ability supervise employees and conflict resolution.
· Detail oriented and well organized, with ability to plan projects, activities and schedule several months in advance.
· Ability to effectively and professionally communicate.
· The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use stairs, crouch, get on hands and knees, use hands, use tools, operate equipment.
· Capable of utilizing scissor lift, man lift and fork lift.
· Ability to push/lift 75 pounds.
· Capable of climbing ladders to make inspections above the ceiling, remove ceiling tiles.
· Work is undertaken in our Park Avenue gallery and office.
· Standard working hours are 9am-6pm, however ability to work early mornings, weekends, some nights and extended hours as needed.
· Newly hired staff must be fully vaccinated by their start date. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to the applicant, our employees, or the members of our greater community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Building Maintenance Supervisor". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position.