Posted 11 April 2022
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Client Services are the first people that our clients interact with and uphold Phillip’s standards. They must be extremely professional, have the ability to multitask, be very presentable, charismatic, confident and polite while interacting with our diverse clientele. They should consistently provide the highest level of professional service possible to our clients as well as Phillips colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet clients that enter Phillips galleries during exhibitions and for auctions
• Cover the front desk on a rotational 7-day a week schedule. This includes working weekends
• Assist clients with the following:
a. Pre-sale registration: in person, telephone, absentee and online bidding;
b. Processing payments and liaising with the warehouse for artwork transfers
c. Manage client enquiries and maintain a good client relationship by seeing to clients’ needs;
d. Verify and update client accounts and information on both CDS and Gavel;
e. Act as a liaison with the departments on behalf of clients;
· Assist Catalogues and Marketing as needed, including filtering event RSVP replies during the season and assisting with check-in during events
· Daily maintenance of all conference rooms (checking stock levels of waters, catalogues, pens etc)
· Cover the reception desk in the main office
· Assist with Bids projects and special Client Development research tasks as needed
· Update client accounts in Gavel and follow up with client interactions to ensure prompt handling of concerns and complaints.
Professional Skills and Experience
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Excellent client-relation and presentation skills
• Strong origination skills and attention to detail
• Calm under pressure
• Team player
• Proficient with computers: PC and Mac platforms
• Proactive individual who shows initiative during down times
• Willingness to help others
• Professional attitude: Friendly, patient, outgoing
• Respect in dealing with confidential information
• Commitment to regular and punctual attendance
Education and Training
• 2 Years of work experience, preferably in a Client Service related position
• Art History background helpful
• Degree - Bachelor’s Degree
• Foreign languages helpful: French, Italian, Spanish, German, etc.
• Experience dealing with clients
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook
• Credit Card Machines, Copy, Fax, Scanner Machines, Multi-line Phone System
· Work is undertaken within an office and gallery environment in our New York City location, and Southampton as business needs may require.
· May require work during evenings and weekends as necessary during auction seasons
· Newly hired staff must be fully vaccinated by their start date. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to the applicant, our employees, or the members of our greater community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Client Services Representative ". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.