Posted 23 December 2021
POST-SALE ADMINISTRATOR, EDITIONS
This position will be responsible for the administration of all post-sale property for New York Editions sales. Acting as the main post-sale liaison for internal departments and external clients, the role will focus on facilitating and processing post-sale transactions and troubleshooting all issues in a timely manner with the appropriate departments to maintain the highest standard of service.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist Editions buyers and sellers through the post-sale process, facilitating shipping, collections, post-auction sales and seller property returns in a timely and professional manner
· Facilitate the Post-Sale Shipping process as follows:
o reach out to clients to confirm shipping address (buyers and unsold consignors)
o Work with the shipping department to generate quote and send to client for approval
o once approved, work with shipping and accounting to ensure invoice and sales tax (if applicable) has been paid
o work with Property Control and client services to schedule client collections from LIC Warehouse and Park Avenue gallery
o send tracking information, delivery date or flight details to client
· Work with Logistics team to manage client shippers
· Liaise with the client accounting department to ensure accurate post-sale and settlement processes
· Follow all compliance processes related to confirmation of payment instructions
· Manage all deal term details with client accounting
· Liaise with all departments to respond to client inquiries and resolve client issues maintaining the highest standard of service
· Issue timely and accurate client communications
· Work with the Specialist departments to action and follow up on shipping and collection recommendations for unsold property, administering all next steps for re-offered or returned property
· Work with clients, specialists, and accounting to process after sales
· Facilitate temporary releases of purchases for 3rd party services (i.e. framers and conservators)
· Execute and oversee tracking of competitor’s auctions alongside the department intern, reviewing numbers and maintaining accurate records for department comparative statistics
· Maintain and update current statistics and records on the department webpage following sales
· Monitor the main Editions email inbox and phone lines, providing professional and timely responses to client inquires
· Process and track Purchase Orders for sale expenses, effectively managing sale costs and approvals together with Head of Sale, in line with Company policies and approval matrix
· Assist Worldwide Co-Heads of Editions with filing expenses and booking of business travel
· Work alongside Senior Administrator to ensure a streamlined auction season from pre to post sale
· Provide essential companywide support through participation in telephone bidding, bid clerking, conversion board, and other activities for auctions.
· Assist with pre-sale activities including scheduling client views, condition report dispatch, and bidding inquires
· Perform other duties or participate in pre-sale project work as requested by manager
Education and Training
· Bachelor’s degree in Art History or related field, required.
· Master’s degree in Art History or related field, preferred.
· 1-2 years or experience performing similar duties, art industry preferred
· Language skills in addition to English, preferred.
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people including written and verbal communication.
· Ability to operate with grace under pressure while delivering a high standard of work on tight deadlines.
· Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with all other areas within the business.
· Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and responsibly.
· Proactive with excellent project management and organizational skills.
· Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks.
· Proactive with Excellent organization skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Weekends and evenings required where necessary.
· Work is primarily undertaken in our 432 Park Avenue office and gallery locations
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Post-Sale Administrator". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.