Posted 22 November 2021
Client Accounts Representative
Working within a team of five, the Client Accounting Representative role will support daily management of both the Debtors and Consignors Ledger for Phillips’ European and Asian auctions. Assisting with debt management, consignor settlements, and all related queries, this role will provide off-site and on-site support to all auctions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with colleagues, Specialist Art Departments and business support functions to offer a seamless and pro-active solution to the Client Accounting function.
· Create and issue buyer invoices, alongside private sales and after sales invoices.
· Oversee and assist with the processing of payments for buyers and vendors in an accurate and timely manner.
· Lead on debt management activities and all formats of buyer payments, allocation of funds and issuing of collection orders.
· Review consignor contracts and enter charges and adjustments as necessary.
· Settle consignor payments via Phillips’ banking systems.
· Support reporting and settlement processes for Artist Resale Rights and VAT.
· Assist with management reporting on cash flow, debtors and other ad-hoc reports as needed.
· Directly support and attend offsite sales for sale support as required.
· Perform any other ad-hoc duties/special projects as requested.
Professional Skills and Experience
· Sufficient professional experience working in accounts payable and accounts receivable roles
· Experience within an auction house Client Accounts department or similar environment, desirable
· Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
· Demonstrable knowledge of auction house VAT & Compliance, desirable
· Working knowledge of, and experience with, Excel, essential, with advanced Excel proficiency skills/knowledge, preferred
· IT literacy and ability to work with ‘in house’ commercial Finance systems (JE Edwards/NetSuite)
· Experience with MS Office Suite and Outlook, required
· Excellent client-relations, inter-personal and presentation skills including superior tact and diplomacy skills.
· Detail-oriented with analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with all clients and other areas within the business.
· High degree of time and resource management skills with the ability to work in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks.
· Ability to self-motivate and work autonomously or as part of a global team.
· Adept at learning customised computer systems
· Proactive with excellent organisational skills.
· Sound financial and compliance acumen
· Work is undertaken in an office environment, predominantly Berkeley Square.
· Flexibility to work evenings/weekends as necessary as well as auctions or special events.
· A pre-requisite of the role is the ability, when required, to support our offsite sales
· Must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].