Posted 03 November 2021
The Network Specialist is responsible to manage, implement and maintain the company’s network infrastructure including servers and networking equipment. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day IT operational support for existing multi-platform environments. You will be instrumental in the design, development and implementation of new projects, system integration, and complex network setup. This position stipulates strong hands-on technical skills to provide high-level technical services and strategy in a fast-paced environment. This position will design, implement, and troubleshoot technology related problems that might include routing, datacenter design, intermittent packet loss, latency issues, system connectivity, and equipment failure
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as point of escalation for the Helpdesk team and assist with tickets as required by your manager/supervisor.
- Assist with setup and break down of IT equipment for company’s auction events.
- Understand the nature of company’s auction business and be available to provide support as necessary, including during off hours.
- Isolate and resolve network related service problems, diagnose and correct problems resulting from component failure and network degradation.
- Maintain computers, servers, storage, and network devices working as required by NIST best practice for compliance purposes.
- Update and maintain network diagram and system infrastructure IT documentation.
- Travel to company’s other NY offices to provide IT support as needed.
- Recognize, predict, and communicate potential issues and possible failure points in the company’s systems and processes.
- Deliver end-user troubleshooting, either remotely or in person.
- Follow-up on open tickets and take ownership of user problems while providing status of the issue on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the developer team and outsource consultants on new or outstanding company projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Skills and Experience
- A minimum of three to five years' experience as a Network Specialist.
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or comparable working experience.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Great documentation and reporting skills.
- Solid technical aptitude and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Windows Server, Exchange Server, Active Directory, Firewalls, Switches, DNS, DHCP, VMWare, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office Application and Microsoft Office; hands on experience with Citrix, Mac’s, and Small Business Server preferred.
- Knowledgeable with MDM and MFA technologies such as MS Intune, MS SCCM, Duo.
- Experience working with Desktop Central and ManageEngine platforms.
- Strong understanding of user authentication, permissions, and multifactor authentication.
- Understanding of the network OSI model and networking experience including a demonstrated understanding of VPN, LAN, WAN, and wireless.
- Knowledge in System Patching and Virus protection Products
- Understanding of security practices including physical, internet, and wireless security.
- Familiarity in distributing backup solutions and procedures of different hardware and software vendors such as Veeam and Datto.
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently, and take ownership of job responsibilities
Network Specialist Requirements:
- Experience supporting and administering:
- BareMetal rackmount and blade servers; Dell and HP preferred.
- SAN technologies, including storage arrays, storage switching (iSCSI and FC); Dell-EMC, HP preferred.
- Azure, AWS, or Google public cloud environments, including compute, storage, networking basics, and backups.
- Demonstrated understanding of switches, routers, and other network hardware along with server virtualization technologies
- VMware and/or Hyper-V private cloud technologies.
- Windows Server OS – Windows 2008 through Windows 2019, including ADDS, DNS, DHCP, DFS, file/print services, PowerShell basics.
- Top to bottom understanding of the full infrastructure stack from storage/compute, to hypervisor and guest operating system.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting highly available/clustered hypervisors (Hyper-V and VMware).
- Advanced level administering and troubleshooting Windows Failover Clustering (Hyper-V, MS SQL, MS Exchange).
- Must have relevant hands-on experience with following technologies or equivalent: Routers, Switches, VPN, VOIP, and wireless access with products such as Cisco, HP, Ubiquity and Aruba.
- Understanding of advanced network concepts and technologies: QoS, CoS, VoIP, WiFi flow control.
- Knowledge administering and troubleshooting hybrid private/public cloud infrastructure.
- Relevant Certifications in at least three of the following categories:
- Virtualization (Hyper-V or VMware)
- Windows Operating System (MCSE)
- Microsoft 365
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Work is primarily undertaken in our 432 Park Avenue with visits to our Warehouse in Long Island City.
- Periodic evening/weekend coverage for Events/Sale season as needed.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Network Specialist". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.