Posted 01 November 2021
SENIOR FUNCTIONAL BUSINESS ANALYST
The functional BA is responsible for collecting and analyzing the business and functional requirements and capturing these in a Business Requirements Document (BRD) for vision and scope and User Requirements Document for the details of what is being built for the users. These are the business rules and changes that the business wants made on a system or process. They're in normal, plain, everyday English and contain information about scope of the work that will be done so that it can be translated into estimates and costs for all teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Identify internal customer needs by interfacing with stakeholders as needed to define the scope and position of parts of the product portfolio.
· Support customer experience interviews to identify end-user needs.
· Translate business and technical concepts into functional specifications for the front-end and back-end development teams.
· Manage Ambiguity. Assess and understand business problems and translate into analysis requirements and identify meaningful insights that improve the overall customer experience
· Manage requirements elicitation, definition, and verification sessions with business and technical teams.
· Document business/system processes, analyze data feeds and reporting for other key project activities.
· Participate in team problem-solving efforts.
· Review and comply with all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws, and regulations.
· Assist in end-user training, acceptance tests and product demonstrations to customers of varying technical backgrounds.
· Partner closely with content, UX, visual designers and developers to ensure accepted solutions match requirements.
Professional Skills and Experience
· 5+ years Business Analyst experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong ability to tease apart complex functional requirements into detailed user stories and amend when necessary. Facilitate and give input into prioritization of user stories.
· Very strong experience with iOS and Android Application analysis and a full understanding of mobile app capabilities versus responsive web.
· Ability to break down and discuss functional requirements with the technical team and drive agreement on best ways to implement simple and complex enhancements over time.
· Comfortable with IT tools and very familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
· Very familiar with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
· Very familiar with Domain-Driven Design and Development.
· Ability to adjust communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience working with business process modeling tools and notations (SIPOC, BPMN, EPC).
· Customer-centric and have a strong desire to understand your users' perspectives and needs around the products you work on.
· Desire to understand concerns and provide solutions.
· Experienced user of JIRA, Confluence a plus.
· Understanding of the auction industry, experience in the arts and culture sector, design, museums, or galleries a plus.
· Russian speaking a plus.
· Ability to work under pressure.
Education and Training
· Bachelor’s degree: Information Systems, Business and/or Finance
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including confidence, tact and diplomacy.
· Strong ethic, extreme discretion with confidential and sensitive information and respecting clients’ confidentiality.
· Excellent verbal and written presentation skills; ability to explain complex information clearly and simply; ability to listen and communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of internal and external clients.
· Proactive and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, meet targets.
· Work will be performed in the New York office at 432 Park Avenue and also remotely.
· Evening and weekend work may be required subject to business need.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Senior Functional Business Analyst". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.