Posted 28 September 2021
Work as part of the Shipping and warehouse teams in the day to day shipping requirements of both the company and clients. This position is responsible for assisting internal Specialist departments and Phillips’ clients organizing domestic and international shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work as a key member of the shipping department team handling import or export requests, either independently or as assigned to a specific sale.
• Prepare shipping estimates for both inbound and outbound property
• Work with both external shipping companies and internal resources
• Coordinate local transport, art handling, packing and crating services
• Book airfreight, ocean freight and long haul trucking
• Provide post-sale customer service in the area of art transport
• Coding of invoices for payment and tracking of all costs
• Perform general administrative tasks
• Complete other ad-hoc duties as requested
Professional Skills and Experience
• 2 years’ experience in art logistics and shipping, required
• Working knowledge of Modern and Contemporary Art
• Complete working knowledge of and experience with import and export documentation and filings, required
• Experience with MS Office Suite and Outlook, required
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, required
• Strong, positive interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to work professionally and responsibly with clients and all areas within the business
• Proactive with excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize to meet strict deadlines with an adaptability to handle time sensitive shipments and last minute scheduling
• Excellent time and resource management skills with the ability to multi-task and work autonomously in a team based environment
• Ability to understand and work with financial resources
• Excellent client-relations and customer service skills including confidence, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and responsibly
• Additional language skills, preferred
• Under normal conditions, work is primarily undertaken from our warehouse located in Long Island City New York.
• Under the current New York State PAUSE orders required by COVID-19, this position will temporarily work remotely from home until further notice, with the ability to report to the Long Island City work site within a two-week timeframe if required.
• Ability to work overtime including evenings during peak periods as business needs require.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Shipping Coordinator". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.