Posted 08 September 2021
CLIENT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Client Development Coordinator is a key role which supports Phillips’ team approach in cultivating and serving our clients. It serves the dual purpose of ensuring Phillips’ client data is clean, accurate and regularly reviewed; and also conducting client research and collecting and analyzing client data in order to help business getting efforts and promote the sales in the 20th Century and Contemporary departments overall, with a specific focus on the Twentieth Century and Contemporary Day Sale and New Now activity. This role works closely with senior leadership, specialist departments, and other business getters to devise an effective and realistic calendar-based strategy, with a focus on relationship cultivation to increase client transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· DATA ENTRY: Maintain and update client data as part of Business Development/Client Review process
· CATALOGUE LISTS: update and maintain catalogue lists for all departments.
· RESEARCH: Conduct research, collect and analyse client data, and gather intelligence. Generate reports, summaries and recommendations to inform and support business development efforts including organization of sourcing meetings and working with the Objects team.
· CLIENT REVIEW AND ANALYSIS: Conduct regular client reviews within the Business Development and New Now and Day Sale Specialist teams to assist with building effective client target strategies. Support European regional teams with respect to TCA. Provide data support and analysis to inform the development of effective consignment strategies and buyer development strategies.
o Work to understand individual clients, gather and record information to consolidate those client relationships and support the Head of Client Intelligence and key stakeholders to devise strategies to increase and enhance clients’ activity with, and loyalty to, Phillips.
o Work closely with specialists on client reviews, visit planning, client allocation.
o Help to devise and implement an effective and realistic client strategy, with a focus on relationship cultivation to increase client transactions.
o Identifying current and prospective clients to focus on for engagement.
· PRE-SALE: Work with New Now and Day Sale teams to support pre-sale outreach efforts by providing client data analysis and market intelligence, contributing to catalogue and marketing lists, and identifying cross-departmental opportunities. Arrange/participate in pre-sale interest meetings.
· POST-SALE: Contribute to New Now and Day Sale post-sale meetings ensuring thorough capture of client activity, setting and articulating future client strategies and working with Departments to establish business priorities for upcoming season including debrief/follow-up action points with Specialists.
· EVENTS: Assist the Marketing and Events functions with compiling guest lists for client events and generating pre-event briefings. Organize and lead post-event debrief sessions to review gathered client intelligence and identify business opportunities.
· PC/OC CHANGES: Review and evaluate Specialist/Client interaction to enhance company’s knowledge of client and collection evaluation. Ensure that client contact requests are assessed, responded to, and updated in the client databases.
· OTHER: Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Professional Skills and Experience
· Sufficient work experience in a similar role
· Strong business sense and an excellent understanding of the art market.
· Exceptional data mining, qualitative and analytical skills with ability to synthesize data and think conceptually.
· Advanced Excel skills to organize data and create reports.
Education and Training
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art History or related subject, preferred
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Strong decision management skills with the ability to take the lead and problem solve.
· Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including confidence, tact and diplomacy.
· Strong ethic, extreme discretion with confidential and sensitive information and respecting clients’ confidentiality.
· Ability to successfully collaborate with all other areas within the business.
· Excellent verbal and written presentation skills; ability to explain complex information clearly and simply; ability to listen and communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of internal and external clients.
· Proactive and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, meet targets and handle high pressure environment
· Multiple language skills are desirable
· Foreign language skills are desirable
· Work is undertaken primarily within an office environment at our 30 Berkeley Square London location.
· Ability to work overtime as necessary.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]