Posted 07 September 2021
PHOTOGRAPHS ADMINISTRATOR & EA TO WORLDWIDE HEAD OF PHOTOGRAPHS
The Photographs Administrator & Executive Assistant to the Worldwide Head of Photographs plays a critical role for the functioning of the Department and has responsibility for the coordination and execution of all administration for the New York Photographs auctions. The successful candidate will be able to proactively prioritize conflicting needs under deadline pressure, handle confidential matters with discretion, and maintain a high level of client service in all verbal and written communications.
The Administrator will act as a liaison on behalf of the Department with internal team members and external contacts to meet all auction deadlines. The focus will be on management of the consignment process from start to finish including but not limited to drafting contracts, tracking property arrivals, and facilitating consignor settlement. Within the selling period the Administrator will be responsible for the organization and distribution of presale documents including factsheets, condition reports and supplemental images to Department clients, Regional Representatives and Specialists companywide as requested.
Further, this position encompasses working directly with the Worldwide Head as their Executive Assistant to facilitate and schedule internal and external meetings, and work on administrative, financial, or logistical tasks as required.
The Administrator position is tailored to a candidate with strong interest in photographs, the auction market and arts administration. The successful candidate will be encouraged to expand their knowledge of the medium through research, attendance of gallery openings, art fairs, and museum exhibitions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with the Worldwide Head and the Photographs Department on all administrative and office duties as necessary.
· Answer and return phone calls and emails in a timely, polite, and professional manner.
· Schedule meetings, coordinate appointments and respond to invitations to maintain an accurate shared calendar.
· Prepare and maintain client correspondence.
· Maintain and update client accounts as required.
· Issue client contracts and record data using internal systems.
· Account for confirmed and pending auction property by maintaining up-to-date Department spreadsheets and files.
· Coordinate shipping and track receipt of auction and private sale property with Warehouse staff.
· Organize, maintain, and distribute pre-sale documents as required, and register bids as requested.
· Liaise with Client Accounting to ensure accurate post-sale processes for buyers and consignors.
· Process purchase orders with Finance.
· Assist the Worldwide Head with various tasks as required.
· Respond to internal requests and calls on behalf of the Worldwide Head.
· Make travel arrangements and submit expense reports for the Worldwide Head following associated procedures.
· Work on special projects including presentations, and on administrative, financial, and logistics tasks as required.
· Work closely with individuals in other Departments within PHILLIPS and external organizations as required.
· Work at all auctions participating in telephone bidding, bid clerking and any other duties as required.
· Perform any other ad-hoc duties as requested.
Professional Skills and Experience
· Art History or Business background desirable.
· Bachelor’s degree, required.
· Graduate degree or 2 years of professional experience, required.
· This position requires a 2-year commitment from the candidate.
· Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, Word, and PowerPoint), DocuSign, Slack and Zoom required.
· Proficiency with Social Media Platforms desirable.
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people including written and verbal communication.
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet strict deadlines
· Ability to work individually on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
· Proactive with excellent organization skills.
· Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with all other areas within the business.
· Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and responsibly.
· Ability to learn Phillips’ internal programs, systems, and software.
· Work is undertaken primarily within an office environment in our Park Avenue location, with some work performed remotely, subject to health advisories and company policy.
· Flexibility with working hours including some evenings and weekends based on business need.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Photographs Administrator & EA to Worldwide Head of Photographs". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.