Posted 25 August 2021
HEAD OF PROPOSALS, AMERICAS
The Head of Proposals, Americas will report to the Global Managing Director and Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer (GMD/CMBDO), based in New York, and will partner closely with the Head of Proposals, Europe & Asia, based in London.
This role drives high-level campaigns from strategic inception to proposal communication to executional oversight for the 20th Century & Contemporary Art, Design, Editions, Photographs, Jewels and Watches departments. Working with senior stakeholders within the sale departments, marketing and business management, this role will drive the development and implementation of the Phillips brand narrative for competitive business and will support the campaign conception and execution at the sale level to ensure cohesion.
With impeccable writing, communication and project management skills, this role will work with senior stakeholders to define strategic messages and produce bespoke document and presentations for top client business getting in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
This role will be responsible for managing and overseeing the work of the Proposal Writer based in New York, and will have dotted line management of the Lead Designer based in New York.
Duties and Responsibilities
Building the Infrastructure
• Define and implement a season-on-season workflow to aggregate the key assets required to implement highly-articulate and targeted strategies in advance of the business-getting season, including but not limited to: document templates for various media, branded business unique sale points, sale department season successes, market insights, case studies, supporting infographics and imagery
• Institute workflow on a seasonal basis for all applicable departments and regularly liaise with other regions to ensure consistency of Phillips brand narrative and strategy
Setting the Strategy
• Work closely with senior specialist team, business and client strategy teams to define location, platform and competitive messaging in advance of the business-getting season
• Work closely with specialist departments to shape the narrative of Phillips’ competitive position for highly customized, business-winning pitch materials.
• Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice
• Manage and execute the writing, research and execution of these strategies, structuring key points into a cohesive and compelling argument, supported by imagery and infographics where appropriate
Building the Narrative
• Work closely with specialist sale teams and marketing managers to present the marketing campaign for high-level business with an emphasis on Phillips’ storytelling and narrative capabilities
• Integrate and align content activities between traditional marketing and communication campaigns and new media campaigns and ensure the content strategy balances commercial and creative objectives
Communicating the Strategy
• Partner with colleagues and internal clients to establish priorities and execute deadlines
• Spearhead the initial kick-off meeting, driving the agenda to ensure all strategic decisions have been to enable a clean execution process
• Manage and execute the creation of supplementary material where necessary, including but not limited to agenda documents, presentations, brochures, packaging, emails, microsites and on-screen presentations
• Work with Creative and Production departments to coordinate and manage all aspects of proposal production
• Work closely with pitching team specialists and business coordinator to support any pitches or presentations related to the strategic communication material created
• Manage and complete multiple projects efficiently under time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Executing the Strategy
• Stay apprised of all won business and direct the acquisition of relevant campaign materials and images for use in future narratives
• Perform any other duties as requested
Professional Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of relevant experience (journalism, publishing, advertising, consulting)
• Excellent writing, editing and business communication skills
• Strong, positive interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Understanding of and keen interest in 20th Century and Contemporary and all art categories offered by Phillips
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality work
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a matrixed environment, collaborating with production staff, specialist staff and executive staff
• Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up skills essential
• Strong analytic skills with the ability to use data to craft a compelling story to help drive winning business
• Highly motivated, proactive
• Team-oriented, collaborative including with remote team members
• Working knowledge of InDesign a plus
• Work closely with colleagues in the US and Europe, ensuring worldwide coverage
• Computer literacy required, specifically knowledge of MS office, including outlook, word, PowerPoint and excel.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
• Fluent English (spoken and written language) essential
• Additional language skills, preferred
• Work is primarily undertaken at 432 Park Avenue location (currently operating remotely but should be available to be onsite at short notice as business needs require)
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Head of Proposals, Americas". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.