Posted 04 August 2021
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE WORLDWIDE DEPUTY CHAIRMAN
Phillips is an international auction house, conducting sales of Contemporary Art, Photographs, Design, Modern & Contemporary Editions, Jewels and Watches. Phillips is currently seeking an organised, flexible and motivated individual to fulfil a full-time Executive Assistant position, supporting our Worldwide Deputy Chairman.
- Based in London, with travel to our international offices as required, the primary focus of the position will be to provide all aspects of executive support to the Worldwide Deputy Chairman, and to manage and organise all aspects of their day to day activities, working on specific administrative, financial or logistical tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of day to day activity for the Worldwide Deputy Chairman.
- Answering and screening incoming telephone calls.
- Monitoring incoming emails regularly and updating the Worldwide Deputy Chairman on the daily agenda (pending issues, pending emails and calls)
- Making travel arrangements as required, liaising with the company approved travel companies and following associated processes and procedures.
- Preparing and maintaining correspondences.
- Submitting expense reports via the correct procedure, adhering to the timescales defined by the finance team.
- Coordinating meetings, responding to invitations, scheduling appointments and meetings (both external and internal) and maintaining calendars’, accordingly, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Maintaining and organising relevant files, corporate documents and Phillips databases in an efficient manner.
- Working on special projects as required.
- Speaking directly with clients, assisting with bids and interfacing with clients for specific enquiries before and after auctions, with the Worldwide Deputy Chairman’s approval.
- Assisting with sales preparation and client management, including registering clients, reporting from Phillips databases, contacting clients, preparing bid sheets, attending interest meetings as required and liaising with the relevant departments to assist in the management of top clients.
- Working at auctions and special events, supporting the Worldwide Deputy Chairman, which will involve evening and weekend working.
- Assisting the Worldwide Deputy Chairman with personal tasks as required. e.g. documentation preparation and travel logistics, as needed, for both internal and external purposes, purchasing of gifts for clients and others.
- Liaising with other Executive Assistants on special projects as they arise.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties as requested.
Professional Skills and Experience
- Sufficient/significant experience in a similar role, ideally within an Auction House or fast-paced, professional art world environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under extreme pressure and prioritise to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel (advanced excel skills desirable)
- Excellent analytical skills alongside the ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Understanding of and keen interest in contemporary art and market is desirable
Education and Training
- Fluency in English is essential, with French as an additional language being desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree, desirable
- Art History background desirable
- The candidate will be highly organised and resilient with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
- The ability to keep calm while dealing with multiple tasks in extremely high-pressured situations, consistently prioritising to meet strict deadlines.
- They will be adaptable and flexible and will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally and responsibly with all other areas within the business.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].