Posted 21 July 2021
ACCOUNT MANAGER AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE – TRUSTS, ESTATES & VALUATIONS
The Account Manager will work as part of a four-person team led by the Director of Trusts, Estates & Valuations to support all areas of valuations/appraisals and ensure appraisals go out consistently and efficiently while adhering to USPAP requirements. In addition, the role will manage consignments from the initial walkthrough stage through pick-up and sale, and will also assist with various business development initiatives, when relevant. The successful candidate will have the ability to display a high level of entrepreneurialism, teamwork and client service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Valuations/Appraisals and Consignments:
· Field inquiries from referral sources relating to the appraisal process
· Conduct walkthroughs for potential appraisals and consignments in order to determine the suitability of a potential appraisal/consignment
· Review walkthrough images/listings with appropriate specialist departments
· Organize onsite visits for specialists and consultants
· Act as the key point person on assigned appraisals, fielding all internal and external queries and follow-up, and ensure the appraisals are completed in a timely manner and adhere to USPAP/Phillips standards
· Liaise with the departments/legal to organize contracts for consignments
· Liaise with in-house and external shippers to organize collection of consignments; be onsite for the collection of property
· Liaise with departments to help facilitate authenticity if necessary
· Act as the key point person on assigned consignments, fielding all internal and external queries and follow-up, and ensure the consignments are tracked through the full cycle and all client communications are managed.
· Coordinate closely with Trusts, Estates & Valuations team members to ensure a high degree of coverage and service delivery.
Trusts & Estates:
· Organize and attend Trusts & Estates conferences when feasible, as agreed with the Director of Trusts, Estates & Valuations
· Assist with ongoing business development with various referral sources, such as attorneys, wealth advisors, accountants, art advisors, insurance brokers and carriers
· Attend Phillips sponsored events targeting referral sources
Professional Skills and Experience
· 5+ years of proven, successful experience in the same or similar role working for an international auction house or advisory firm
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Education and Training
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
· Art History/Decorative Arts background desirable
· Driven and entrepreneurial with a proven ability to initiate business and track record of success.
· Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with all other areas within the business.
· Maintain high standard of integrity and ability to handle confidential information discreetly and responsibly.
· Proactive with excellent project management and organizational skills.
· Ability to operate with grace under pressure while delivering excellent work product
· Work is primarily undertaken at Park Avenue location, and also remotely, in accordance with current health advisories and company policies
· Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
· Travel as and when required, including visits to client sites (a driver’s license is required)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Account Manager & Business Development Associate". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.