Posted 08 July 2021
PRE-SALE ADMINISTRATOR, ONLINE SALES
This position will be responsible for the administration of all pre-sale property for the online marketplace, Gallery One. Acting as the main liaison for both internal and external clients, the role will focus on facilitating and processing pre-sale transactions and troubleshooting all issues in a timely manner with the appropriate departments to maintain the highest standard of service.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage pre-sale administrative duties for the Gallery One platform.
· Manage the contract process for all property slated for the Gallery One platform and record data using internal systems as required.
· Account for all inventory by maintaining pending sale property according to department standards.
· Coordinate the collection and receipt of Gallery One property with the shipping department and warehouse.
· Liaise with Gallery One Registrars to manage incoming artwork timeline to ensure it is swiftly processed and prepared for listing online.
· Process Check Requests and Purchase Orders.
· Maintain relevant files, filing, corporate documents, databases and systems in an efficient manner.
· Receive phone calls for the platform answering basic questions in a polite and professional manner and fielding calls from inquiring parties.
· Review Gallery One department inbox and respond to client inquiries in a timely manner.
· Work on special projects and on specific administrative, financial, logistics tasks as required.
· Discuss artworks with internal and external clients, in person, via-e-mail, by telephone and on-site, and assist with viewings of property at warehouse or gallery, as required.
· Perform any other ad-hoc duties as requested.
Education and Training
· Bachelor’s degree in Art History or related field, required.
· 1-2 years or experience performing similar duties, art industry preferred
· Language skills in addition to English, preferred.
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people including written and verbal communication.
· Ability to operate with grace under pressure while delivering a high standard of work on tight deadlines.
· Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with all other areas within the business.
· Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and responsibly.
· Proactive with excellent project management and organizational skills.
· Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks.
· Proactive with Excellent organization skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Weekends and evenings required where necessary.
· Work is primarily undertaken at 432 Park Avenue, both onsite and remotely from home until further notice as determined by business need and in compliance with the New York State health requirements
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Pre- Sale Administrator, Online Sales". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.