Posted 02 July 2021
NFT COORDINATOR (NEW YORK OR LA)
The NFT Coordinator will have responsibility for overseeing all communication and logistical aspects around Phillips’ NFT sales, including both stand-alone online sales and the inclusion of NFTs in our international live auctions.
The position will report directly to Senior Specialist, Head of Day Sale, Afternoon Session to support and coordinate a range of day-to-day activities, performing administrative, financial, or logistical tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The NFT Coordinator will have Administrator, Cataloger and Project Coordinator duties, as well as Artist Liaison responsibilities when applicable, including:
· Creating basic contracts and liaising with our Legal Department regarding specific terms and conditions of sale
· Inputting basic cataloging details in Auction Tools
· Coordinating with the Digital Department to ensure enhanced lot content is integrated on Phillips.com and coordinating the digital launch of the online-only sales
· Coordinating marketing promises with the Digital Marketing and Social Media Departments and ensuring promises are delivered
· Assisting with writing catalog essays and creating enhanced lot content, including sourcing and securing comparable images as well as coordinating outsourcing of catalog essays when applicable
· Assisting with client outreach and interest tracking
· Liaising with Client Accounting for invoicing and consignor payables
· Overseeing logistics around the physical display of NFTs when necessary
· Coordinating with the Digital Department to oversee the digital transfer of NFTs from the consignor to Phillips’ custody and then to the respective purchasers
· Scheduling all calls regarding NFT opportunities and managing the NFT submission inbox
Managing an internal calendar of all upcoming NFT opportunities and handling all internal communication about NFT offerings to applicable departments
Education and Training
· BA in Art History or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of experience working in the artworld, specifically working directly with artists
· Ability to glean worthwhile NFT opportunities for Phillips to consider
· An interest or familiarity with digital art and/or NFTs would be ideal, but not necessary
· Highly skilled in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Ability to learn Gavel, CDS, and Auction Tools.
· Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven.
· Proven track record of managing projects, timelines and processes.
· Ability to self-start and efficiently complete tasks, with clear and regular follow up.
· Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
· Ability to work weekends and late nights as dictated by specific projects.
· Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with clients and vendors.
· Weekends and evenings required where necessary.
· Work is primarily undertaken remotely.
· Attendance to offsite events or client sites required, in line with applicable health advisories.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "NFT Coordinator". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire