Posted 09 June 2021
Manage the administration for all Photographs sales in London, focusing on consignment contracts, property inventory and account settlement. Act as the first point of contact for both internal and external communication and provide administrative support to the Head of Photographs, Europe, as well as the other members of the department.
This role is tailored to a candidate who has a strong interest in photographs and the auction market, with the goal of becoming an integral part of Phillips’ Photographs Department. The candidate will be encouraged to expand their knowledge of photographs and the market through literary research and attendance of exhibitions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Sale and Head of Photographs, Europe and other team members, providing administrative support.
- Act as first point of contact for both internal and external communication.
- Be professional, accurate and timely in all verbal and written communication
- Provide excellent client service.
- Assist the Head of Photographs, Europe with business travels by making travel arrangements, submitting expenses and recording information in internal database.
- Maintain departmental calendar with accurate and up-to-date information, including but not limited to sale-related deadlines, production schedule, Phillips’ global sales and external Photographs sales.
- Maintain departmental files, spreadsheets and reports.
- Compose, edit and proof correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material
- Coordinate meetings and respond to invitations on behalf of the department.
- Build strong relationships within the company and outside the company as required.
- Process Cheque Requests and Purchase Orders.
- Work on special projects and on specific administrative, financial or logistics tasks as required.
- Work on PowerPoint presentations, gathering input from different team members.
- Work at all auctions, participating in telephone or online bidding, bid clerking and any other duties as required.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties as requested.
- Issue contracts for Photographs sales in a timely manner and record data using internal systems as required.
- Maintain consignor files and up-to-date sale spreadsheets for pending and confirmed property.
- Liaise with Shipping and Property Manager to oversee shipment, collection and receipt of property.
- Work closely with Property Manager to manage property inventory.
- Support all members of the department with various tasks during catalogue deadline.
- Assist the Head of Sale with selling the sale by maintaining condition reports, factsheets, install shots and conservator’s reports in the relevant sale folder; record pre-sale outreach and interest in internal database.
- Liaise with Accounts to ensure accurate, timely and streamlined post-sale and settlement processes.
Professional Skills and Experience
- Sufficient professional work experience, required.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint), required.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Art History background desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work proactively and intuitively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively within the business.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and responsibly.
- Ability to learn Phillips’ internal programs, systems and software.
Work is undertaken primarily within an office environment in our Berkeley Square location.
Flexibility with working hours, including some evenings and weekends is essential.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected], with the job title in your subject header.