Posted 15 April 2021
SEASONAL FINE ART FRAMER
This position is responsible for leading fine art framing needs for Specialist Departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for matt cutting
· Archival Hinging of photographs and various works on paper
· Fitting artwork
· Plexi and glass cutting
· Collaborating with Property Managers and Specialist Departments to assess framing needs
· Ordering framing supplies and maintaining framing studio
· Ensure that framing needs are met for exhibition and shipping deadlines.
· Work as needed at gallery during installations as well as at offsite locations
· Liaison between Property Managers, Shipping, Property Control, Specialists, Department Administrator, Photo Studio and Cataloguers regarding framing needs.
· Consult Department spreadsheets, Voxme and Auctiontools for information regarding works to be framed. Track progress of workflow in spreadsheet format.
· Order frames from other vendors as needed and assist in coordination
· Responsible for maintaining safe storage of objects at the warehouse or staged at gallery
· Assist Property Managers as needed.
· Perform any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by manager;
· Follow guidelines set forth in the Phillips Art Handling Manual
Professional Skills and Experience
· 2+ years proven experience in, implementing framing projects (must have experience working with photographs - vintage to contemporary; as well as various works on paper ,including drawings, printmaking , and editions).
· 1+ year of experience handling art in a safe and professional manner
· Working knowledge of and experience with
o Various packing methods suitable to a wide range of media, preferred
o MS Office Suite/Outlook, preferred
o Voxme software, preferred
· Excellent client-relations and presentation skills including confidence, tact and diplomacy.
· Excellent verbal and written presentation skills and
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet strict deadlines
Education and Training
· Art Education, required
· Bachelor of Arts, preferred
· Additional language skills; desirable
· Ability to work professionally and responsibly with all other areas within the business
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people
· Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks
· Proactive with excellent organization skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Dependable, consistent and punctual attendance, required
· Work is primarily undertaken in our LIC
· Work will occasionally take place in the Park Ave galleries
· Weekend or evening work as required
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Seasonal Fine Art Framer". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.