Posted 06 April 2021
Work directly with the Senior International Specialist, American Art, Deputy Chairwoman, and the Senior International Specialist, Modern Art, Deputy Chairman in the 20th Century & Contemporary Art Department in New York, to coordinate and organize all aspects of day to day activities, to ensure smooth running of their offices on a global basis. This role includes a range of administrative, financial, or logistical responsibilities, and requires a high degree of organization, meticulous attention to detail, proactivity, and discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior International Specialists, Deputy Chairs on all administrative duties and any office duties as necessary.
- Make travel arrangements as required by liaising with the appropriate travel companies and following internal processes and procedures.
- Respond to internal and external requests/calls.
- Coordinate meetings, respond to invitations, schedule appointments and meetings (both external and internal) and maintain calendar accordingly ensuring all information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare, maintain and manage client correspondence and client relationships.
- Coordinate regularly with the Top Client Program Director/Head of TCA Client Development and the Client Development Manager, TCA to receive target client data, and then work closely with the Senior International Specialists on client outreach, visit planning, and follow-up.
- Assist with the preparation of valuations and consignment proposal in coordination with multiple departments.
- Assist with researching European and American works of art dating from 1900---post war.
- Assist with sales preparation and client management, including: registering clients, generating lists, contacting clients, preparing bid sheets, etc. liaising with the relevant departments appropriately
- Work at auctions and special events, as required, which may involve evening and weekend working.
- Submit expense reports on behalf of the Senior International Specialists via the correct procedure and adhere to the timescales defined by the finance team.
- Perform any other ad‐hoc duties as requested.
Professional Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of similar experience within the same or similar role is desirable.
- Art History preferred..
- Bachelor’s degree, required, Master’s preferred.
- Experience with external client interaction.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint), required.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people including written and verbal communication.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and priorities to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work individually on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
- Proactive with excellent organization skills.
- Work is undertaken primarily within an office environment in our New York City location (the position will be required to work a combination of onsite and remote, in line with health advisories and based on business need).
- Flexibility with working hours, including some evenings and weekends when business needs require.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Executive Assistant". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.