Posted 25 March 2021
CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (FRONT OF HOUSE)
Client Services Representatives are the first people that our clients interact with and are ambassadors of the Phillips brand. They must be extremely professional, presentable, charismatic, confident and polite while interacting with our diverse clientele and able to multitask. They are expected to uphold the company’s standards and should consistently provide the highest level of professional service possible to our clients as well as Phillips colleagues. Covid protocols are in place for colleagues and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet clients that enter Phillips galleries during exhibitions
- Cover the front desk, mostly Friday - Sunday
- Assist clients with the following:
- Pre-sale registration: in person, telephone, absentee and online bidding
- Processing payments
- Catalogue requests and sales
- Client enquiries
- Verifying and updating client accounts and information on both CDS and Gavel
- Act as a liaison with the departments on behalf of clients
- Assist Catalogues and Marketing as needed, including filtering event RSVP replies during the season and assisting with check-in during events.
- Assist the Watches and Jewels departments by helping to place the property in cases and showing the pieces to clients.
- Update client accounts in Gavel and follow up with client interactions to ensure prompt handling of concerns and complaints.
- Answer the phones, check voicemails, and return clients calls.
- Assist in opening and closing the gallery.
- Assist the Southampton Gallery Manager in operational tasks.
- Assist in ensuring that all covid protocols are being followed.
Professional Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Excellent client-relation and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- Team player
- Proficient with computers: PC and Mac platforms
- Proactive individual who shows initiative during down times
- Willingness to help others
- Professional attitude: Friendly, patient, outgoing
- Respect in dealing with confidential information
- Commitment to regular and punctual attendance
Education and Training
- 2 Years of work experience, preferably in a Client Service-related position
- Art History background helpful
- Degree - Bachelor’s Degree
- Foreign languages helpful: French, Italian, Spanish, German, etc.
- Experience dealing with clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook
- Credit Card Machines, Copy, Fax, Scanner Machines, Multi-line Phone System
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header "Client Services Representative". Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.