Posted 05 February 2021
This role is for an in house, part-time designer, in Hong Kong. The designer will be working on our bilingual marketing collateral across the sectors of Watches, Jewellery and Contemporary Art. The designer will be working directly with Phillips Marketing Director and Creative Services Team based in Phillips, Hong Kong and will be overseen creatively by our Creative Director in NY.
The part-time designer will have guidelines and templates to work with and will be responsible for brand guardianship in Hong Kong. The main challenge will be for the chosen candidate to feel comfortable with working independently and efficiently. The successful candidate should be efficient and able to work under pressure and understand how to use his/ her resources in NY or UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Layout of printed collateral: Auction Catalogs for various departments
- Strong attention to detail and experience in typography – Chinese and English
- Highly organized with experience working to challenging timeframes and on multiple catalogs
- Capable to adapt to and follow established brand standards
- Ability to work autonomously with your ‘core’ team aboard and onsite Project Manager
- Cataloguing Period: On-Site from March 2021 to April 2021 for Spring Sale.
Professional Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient using InDesign and Photoshop
- Auction House experience is desirable but not essential
- Fluent in English and Chinese preferred (traditional and Simplified)
Education and Training
- Degree or higher diploma holder in related discipline
- Personal Attributes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills- liaising with internal departments, international departments and third party repro house
- Flexible and positive and can-do attitude
- Interest in Contemporary Art is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills- liaising with internal departments, international departments and third party repro house.
- Flexible and positive and can-do attitude.
- Interest in Contemporary Art is desirable.
To apply, please email a resume and portfolio to Asia [email protected]