Collection, Shipping and Storage
Effective as of June 20, 2019
What you need to know
After the auction: Lots are transferred from Berkeley Square to our nominated offsite storage facilities. You can find details here.
Collection and/or shipment
Please arrange to collect your purchased lot(s) promptly after the auction. Please give us at least two working days’ notice of the date you intend to collect, so that we can prepare the necessary release paperwork. To arrange your collection please contact our London Shipping Team: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +44 207318 4010.
Options for collection
- Collection from our offsite storage facilities (All lots)
- Collection from Berkeley Square (By prior arrangement only. Excludes oversized lots) If you would like to collect your lot(s) from our gallery at 30 Berkeley Square, you can do so by prior arrangement. There will be a £45 + VAT transfer charge for each lot. Requests made by 3 pm Wednesday of every week, will be available for collection from the Friday of that week during office hours (9am to 5 pm weekdays) until the following Thursday 12 noon.
- Confirmed date agreed with our London Shipping Team (see contact details above).
- Proof of payment
- A valid government issued identification (e.g. passport or ID card); and
- If an agent is collecting on your behalf, a signed authorization letter or instruction
At collection, packed lots will be opened to allow you or your authorized representative to inspect the lot(s) before we release them for collection. If you are using shippers or agents to collect the lot(s) on your behalf, please ask them to bring appropriate packing material to re-pack and re-seal the lot(s).
We provide complimentary storage for up to 30 days after the auction. We will send you reminders but if you do not collect your lots within the 30 day period, your contact details will be passed to our offsite storage providers. They will get in touch with you to set up an account in your name for your ongoing storage requirements.
Any lots collected after the 30 day free storage period, will be subject to storage and release fees. These fees depend on the size and nature of your lots. For details please contact our London Shipping Team: Email: email@example.com / Tel: +44 207318 4010.
Risk of loss or damage
Lots will be at your risk after the 30 day free storage period. If you do not have appropriate insurance cover in place, you will need to make separate insurance arrangements. Our offsite storage providers can provide you with a quote for storage insurance and you should contact them directly to discuss your needs. You can find their details in the links above.
Withdrawal of the UK from the European Union
The UK left the European Union on 31 January 2020 and has entered a transition period lasting until 31 December 2020. During this transition period the UK will continue to be treated as if it were an EU member state. This means it is business as usual and the existing rules regarding the movement of property from the UK to European Union countries will continue to apply. Accordingly, no import duties should be imposed when shipping lots bought in Phillips London auctions to EU members states, until the UK and the EU agree and implement different trading arrangements.