Amoako Boafo, Lighter, 2018. New Now New York Auction.
1/2 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
3/4 oz Brown Sugar Syrup (recipe below)
1 oz Cold Brewed Coffee
1 1/2 oz Absinthe
1. Add all ingredients to a shaker tin and shake for 10 seconds without ice to emulsify the egg.
2. Add ice and shake for approx 8 seconds then strain through a mesh strainer into a chilled short rocks glass.
3. Garnish with 2 coffee beans floating on top
4. Brown sugar syrup: Add equal parts by weight of brown sugar and water to a blender. Blend on high until the sugar is fully dissolved.
1/2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
1 oz Yellow Corn Syrup (recipe below)
3/4 oz Aged Rum (Banks 7 Golden Age if possible)
1 oz Mezcal
1. Add all ingredients to shaker and shake vigorously for approx 8 seconds
2. Strain through a mesh strainer into a chilled coupe glass
3. Yellow Corn Syrup: Add equal parts by weight of drained yellow canned corn, water, and white sugar to a blender. Blend on high for 45 seconds then strain through a mesh strainer.
Vivian Springford, Martinique Series, 1972-73. New Now New York Auction.
"The Boat House"
1 pinch of salt
1 1/2 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1 1/2 oz Campari
1 1/2 oz sparkling wine
1. Add ingredients to shaker tin along with 3 ice cubes. Shake vigorously until the ice has fully melted
2. Add 1 1/2 oz of sparkling wine to the shaker tin and pour the cocktail directly from the tin over fresh ice in a chilled rocks glass
Genieve Figgis, Boat House, 2015. New Now New York Auction.